Selamat Datang di Arfelia's Site

Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Implements of a Manicure

The tools that are needed to give a manicure can be many. Whether being a manicurist, or doing a manicure at home, the needs and supplies can also be as endless as you want them to be. If you are thinking of becoming an actual manicurist, the very first thing that you will need to do is training, as a license is required to get started with this skill, (Thankfully) and to know that the manicurist who is using some sharp and pointed tools on your hands and feet are actually certified, and has gained her license to do so.

It has never ceased to amaze me, to how many people actually get pedicures and manicures on a regular basis. This I must admit can be a very welcoming treat, but unfortunately for me, it hardly ever makes it to my diary.

When it did, as a treat from a friend for my birthday in January, what I did notice was the actual amount of supplies that were needed to complete these tasks, there were two very nice leather pedicure stations each with its own little spa tub at the bottom of each, this was were clients feet could be soaked, next to these tubs were foot stools for the manicurist to sit, then next to this was a four draw wicker basket that had everything from blades to creams to polishes, other tools used were toe and finger nail clippers, boards of different thickness and roughness, there were a large selection of shapers, buffers and scrubbers, she must of used all of them. A relaxing foot and leg massage was given after the shaping and cleaning and applying a soothing moisturising cream which felt great, that great that I could've stayed there for another hour easily.

Now my soothed feet were ready for their polish to be applied, the manicurist put what she called toe separators between my toes while she painted them and when she had finished she gave me little flip flops to wear home, these were so the polish would dry without getting smudged by wearing my own shoes. Feet and toes completed, now it was time for my manicure, I was shown to another station solely for manicures.

This station was even more equipped than the pedicure station, there was a dryer that you put your feet under and it also helped in the drying process of the polish so it didn't smudge' This process was similar to the previous, the soaking of the cuticles for easy trimming, the filing, shaping, buffing and polishing, and then of course the little dryer to finish and complete my birthday treat.

No comments: